Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park announces plans to unveil its newest addition and structural landmark as the famous underground wooden coaster Hades will transform to become the world’s first all wooden rollercoaster with an upside-down roll coming in spring 2013.
Hades 360 will be a unique technological marvel integrating the underground uniqueness of Hades and adding a 360-degree upside-down loop and a 110 degree over-banked turn. Plus Hades 360 will also be equipped with a new state of the art rollercoaster train, giving riders the feel of riding on a steel coaster. Utilizing this state-of-the-art train by Gravity Group, Hades 360 will be the world’s longest underground, and have the world’s only upside-down roll on an all wooden rollercoaster. Hades 360 will be the first to deliver an awe-inspiring wooden coaster thrill all while in the vast world of Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park.
With its unique construction, Hades 360 will have:
- The world’s first completely upside-down roll on an all wooden coaster
- The world’s longest underground track measuring 1,400 feet underground
- A 90 degree turn underground in complete darkness
- A 110 degree over-banked turn
- A staggering drop of 134 feet with an amazing drop angle of 65 degrees
- Total length of 4,746 feet
- A 162 foot incline to the top drop
- A blazing speed of 70 mph
Hades 360 will be a force to be reckoned with and a unique technological marvel, taking the classic wooden support structure and technically integrating an upside-down roll into the existing track. The upgrade to Hades 360 will be engineered and constructed by Gravity Group, the same group that designed the original Hades. The Hades 360 transformation will exceed far beyond any mortal’s expectations. This innovation is so new in the amusement industry, it has never been done before.